Medicine Ball Training
A presence in every gym, medicine balls are useful for a huge range of exercises. But there are many things about using a medicine ball that we simply do not know or could benefit from.
- In order to get the most from them, medicine balls should lead into high intensity work.
- Medicine balls are heavy and prone to causing accidents due to their shape and size. Make sure you are handling them seriously at all times.
- Technique is vital and control should be maintained at all times. Medicine balls should be used to help finesse your movements, not to exercise or demonstrate power.
- There are a number of established exercises that should be deployed. These include standing torso twists, chest pushes, hamstring curls, and vertical extensions.
- Medicine ball workouts can be strenuous, and sessions should be carefully timed. Each session should last between 30-45 minutes and have a recovery period of 36-48 hours between sessions.