Did you know?
1: The heart rebuilds all 60 billion cells every 7 months.
2: Soy is the only vegetable containing all 8 essential amino acids, making soy a complete protein.
3: A 4-5% reduction in your water intake may reduce your concentration and performance by as much as 30%.
4: Eating raw radishes can help prevent some viral infections like the cold and the flu.
5: Herbal teas like chamomile, passion flower and lavender calm the nervous system and facilitate a good night’s sleep.
6: Blackberries have the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food.
7: Sour flavours like those found in pickles and lemons can curb your appetite.
8: During your lifetime, you will eat nearly 2,7215 kg/60,000 lbs pounds of food.
9: According to Spalding the average lifespan of an NBA basketball is 10,000 bounces.
10. The surface area of your lungs is roughly the same size as a tennis court.
11. The average human brain contains around 78% water and uses between 20-25% of the oxygen your breathe.
12. A one minute kiss burns 26 calories and you burn more calories sleeping than watching TV.
13: The human body has over 600 muscles, which is approximately 40% of your total bodyweight.
14: Laughing lowers levels of stress and strengthens your immune system.
15. The femur (thigh bone) is the largest bone in the human body, and is approximately 8 times stronger than concrete.
16. The primary ingredient in cayenne peppers, capsacin is used topically as a powerful pain reducer for arthritis sufferers.